- Heavy Cast Iron Base, with two levelling screws. Top surface is machined for smooth sliding of carriage having clamping screws for locking.
- The horizontal scale fitted on the bed in machine divided on a Stainless Steel to a length of 0 to 20 cm in 0.5 mm division.
- Vertical scale fitted on the vertical pillar is also machine divided on a Stainless Steel graduated in 0.5 mm division.
- Horizontal and Vertical Brass Verniers, both have divided in 50 divisions such that 50 verniers scale division coincides with 49 main scale division.
- Sliding carriage slides along vertical metal bar of special design which is fitted on the horizonal carriage with slide on the top of the base. Fine motions screws are provided for fine adjustment of the carriage. (The improvement has obvious advantage for fine measurements falling within this extended range), Vertical fine motion range is app. 2.5cms.
- Ramsden’s 10x Eye Piece with fine glass cross line graticule, Achromatic Objective made from highest quality optical glass with a working distance of 50mm/75mm approximately. Focussing can be done by rack and pinion.
- The instrument is finished in the latest polychromate finsh and brass parts are corome plated.
Supplied in a superior quality wooden box